The Office of Migrant Education is a federal agency that provides leadership, funding, and support to state education agencies. The mission of this office is to improve the educational opportunities and academic success of migrant children and their families.
The OME has developed an Eligibility Matrix for Federal Migrant Programs as a technical assistance document to educate partners and stakeholders about the complexities of participant eligibility for these programs, and to assist partners and stakeholders in ensuring that seasonal and migrant farmworkers receive the services they need.
The document compares eligibility requirements for six programs:
The Department of Education:
1. Migrant Education Program (MEP)
2. High School Equivalency Program (HEP), and
3. College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
The Department of Health and Human Services:
4. Migrant Health Program (MHP), and
5. Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Program (MSHS),
The Department of Labor:
6. National Farmworker